Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Revolution is Here!

You can get it Here, or for free by signing up for the PulpRev newsletter at scoop@pulprev.com!

Hot off the presses, here's another new anthology that I am part of. A few months back pulprev.com put out a call for submissions for really, really short (we're talking under 2000 words short) stories. I put in my short called Lucky Spider's Last Stand, and it was accepted.

My story is about a mobster named Spider who is dealing with his world crashing down around him. He faces down a monster of a vigilante who is dead set on doing him in. This tale is about the final moments of a criminal with more luck than sense.

Putting this story together was different than usual for me. I had a seed of this one in my head for awhile but never had the opportunity to write it down. When submissions for this anthology came up, I used it as an chance to write and submit at pulp speed. It was a first for me.

I sat down, wrote it up, edited it, and submitted it, all in a few hours. I wanted to embody the pulp spirit with every aspect of submission, and, thankfully, it was accepted! Other than a few line and clarification edits, this story is largely the same as it was when I put it through at pulp speed. So do me a solid, sign up for the newsletter (put "Subscribe" in the subject line), and give it a read. I'd love to know what you think.

And read the others, too. There are some killer writers in this anthology, and I'm beyond delighted to be included with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment