Wednesday, January 18, 2017

One of Those Weeks

I mentioned I would be posting less this year, and this is one of those weeks. However, I won't leave you with nothing.

Recently I have buckled down re-writing a story that I never felt came out right. It's a bit of an oddball tale, and I'm not sure how it'll turn out, but I can tell you it's not like Knights of the End. This story is one of the first ideas for a story I had since converting, so it is close to me. Of course there will still be action; I'm not writing the Great Gatsby all of a sudden.

How I decided to rewrite it was a story in itself. Mainly, I was listening to the defunct(?) Rockabilly/Swing/Punk band known as the Deluxtone Rockets and the scenario and events played crystal clear in my mind. Music can be quite a powerful tool for imagination.

You might be wondering how that has to do with the story being odd. Well, the Deluxtone Rockets sounded like this:


I'm not sure how that will give you an idea of what I'm writing, mind. But that's how it rolls sometimes.

In other news, I might have an update coming in the next week or two about something I've been working on. But that's out of my hands, so we'll see.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment