Monday, February 29, 2016

Some Cool Stuff

First, the classic anime Vision of Escaflowne is being kickstarted by Funimation. You can see that here. Normally I wouldn't bother with something like this, but Ecaflowne is a series that has been adrift at sea for years in licensing limbo. This HD director's cut release will include a new dub as well as a Blu-Ray and DVD simultaneous release. If you have any interest in fantasy or old school anime (like I do), then you might want t check this out. It's on its way to hitting its stretch goal.

I don't usually spend that much on something like this (and I will be hurting in March because of it), but I feel classic anime deserves it.

On the other end of the spectrum is modern anime. My currently favorite running manga, My Hero Academia, which I have posted about many times here finally released an animated trailer for its release in April.

This is the trailer:


The mixture of east and west comic art is masterfully kept in the anime. The music and voiceovers, as well, really hit the pitch for the characters. I'm particularly glad the voice for the main character, Izuku Midoriya, doesn't sound whiny. The character might start off frail and weak, but that is more of a physical handicap than anything else. Those who read the manga know very well what he becomes.

Also really digging the music that sounds just like classic superhero shows and old school anime as well. Not to mention, this being written by the writer of the anime version of Trigun has me even more pumped up for it.

Anime fan? You'll want to keep an eye on this one. Trust me.

Something tells me this will be big.

No comments:

Post a Comment