Friday, January 15, 2016

Tricky things

I was going to sit down and write a nice blog post, but my mind went nutty on me and I've completely forgotten what I was going to write about. Some times I wonder how I remember to get dressed in the morning.

Instead I'll just make this post about a quick update. And I would like to pray for the soul of Alan Rickman, one of my favorite actors. He will be missed.


I've been reading A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs and have been surprised at how well the story holds up despite being a century old. The best stories always age well. The writing is a bit overstuffed without being purple prose, but it is highly enjoyable. I've always wanted to catch up on the older stuff I've missed from before I was born, and this book fits into that mold perfectly. Really can't wait to get around to reading the next two books (in the edition I have, it includes all three original books) next.

What else? Oh, I started a new game of Fiasco with one of my friends. However, we've heavily tweaked the rules and tilt tables to allow for serial play and more varied possibilities in the results. I'm not such a fan of Coen Brothers movies like the game is based on, but storytelling games are fun. I decided to call the tweaked version "Endeavor" for more of a serial like name. Who knows if that will ever stick, though.

Otherwise it's been pretty slow just like every January. January is the worst month of the year with nothing to do and no one who wants to do anything, and I honestly can never wait until its done.

But I still have some weeks left to go, as do you. At least we're halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment